The Office Manager is the right hand to the company’s Executives, helping them and the team stay one step ahead of the game. The right candidate prefers planning the work and is flexible enough to handle urgent matters and changes in direction as they arise; with an even temperament befitting of this position.
The Office Manager is expected to be able to identify issues, determine solutions and carry out those solutions with minimal supervision. Your goal is to optimize the use of the president’s time and help him run the organization efficiently, based on the company’s direction, priorities and your own excellent judgment. Maintaining confidentiality, integrity and professionalism at all times is key. This role is very fast paced.
You will handle client projects to document processes and accountabilities and become deeply involved in the business. We are looking for a bright and eager professional who is seeking a great opportunity while being a part of a team committed to customer service and creating a positive work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Office Manager is responsible for office administration, supply management, accounts receivables, accounts payable, and HR administrative support. This role supports all departments with requested administrative projects as necessary and feasible within their workload.
This position assumes primary accountability for: maintaining order of the office including HR and vendor files, office equipment and supplies, and general office work including the following and other duties as assigned including:
- Answering Phones – Answer all incoming calls.. Screen callers according to the requirements of management.
- Payroll – Add wages for temporary workers and contractors and enter and confirm payroll data.
- Data Entry – Maintain an employee database/HRIS system, organize personnel files, and perform other data entry as needed.
- Account Receivables – Make collection calls and enter incoming payments.
- Invoicing – Work closely with Customer Service and management to confirm, create and send customer invoices.
- Accounting Job Release – Work with the Operations team for coordination of jobs
- Employee Events – Schedule, coordinate, and plan employee events per management plan.
- Employee Benefits – Track employee PTO balances and manage PTO calendar.
- New Hires – Create packets for new hire onboarding and order uniforms for new employees.
- Office Supplies – Maintain organization of office supplies, fulfill requests, place orders, and maintain uniform inventory.
- General Office Duties – Organize paper files on a regular basis, maintain organized filing system, label files, perform copier/meter reading, empty mailbox and deliver mail
- Reporting – Prepare and present general reports for weekly meetings.
- Project Coordinator & Warehouse Team Support – Provide assistance and backup to the Project Coordinator and Warehouse team as necessary.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to competently execute each essential duty and display an understanding of all core competencies. An individual should also exhibit excellent written and verbal communication and be able to maintain a positive attitude in all situations.
Minimum of four (4) years of experience working in an office environment, experience with basic HR and bookkeeping work and competency with MS Office and QuickBooks software.
Associates degree required. Bachelor’s degree is a bonus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
- Job Title: Office Manager
- Reports to: CEO, Director of Operations
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Pay Rate: $45K – $60K annually – commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: Full benefits including, 401k, medical, dental, vision, PTO
- Schedule: 8am to 5pm
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands for typing and filing. Occasional standing and walking and use of arms to carry and lift. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. The Office Manager will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.